Linked Questions

Popular Questions

For some reason one of my plots won't appear on my app except if I put the window on full screen on the biggest of my two monitors. Here is how it is looking like:

Screenshot

On my other plots, the plots are just cropped:

Screenshot

For some reason, once the plot is opened with the full window on my big monitor, then when I make the window small again, the plot displays correctly.

How do I make my "Color Distribution" plot appear correctly from the start (cropped) even when the window is small ?

Following is my code, the concerned plot is the 'Top 5 Main Colors' one:

library(fontawesome)
library(shiny)
library(shinydashboard)
library(ggplot2)
library(dplyr)
library(wordcloud2)

library(shinydashboard)

ui <- dashboardPage(
  dashboardHeader(title = "Animal Shelter"),
  dashboardSidebar(
    sidebarMenu(
      menuItem("Outcome & Neutering", tabName = "outcome_neutering", 
         icon = icon("paw")),
      menuItem("Animal Color", tabName = "animal_color", 
         icon = icon("brush")),
      radioButtons(inputId = "AnimalType",
                   label = "Animal Species",
                   choices = c("Dog", "Cat", "All"),
                   selected = "Dog"),
      uiOutput("breedselect"),
      uiOutput("image")
    )
  ),
  dashboardBody(
    tabItems(
      tabItem(tabName = "outcome_neutering",
              fluidRow(
                box(
                  title = "Outcome Type",
                  plotOutput(outputId = "barplot", width = "600px")
                ),
                box(
                  title = "Neutered Status",
                  plotOutput(outputId = "piechart", width = "600px")
                )
              )
      ),
      tabItem(tabName = "animal_color",
              fluidRow(
                box(
                  title = "Color Distribution",
                  plotOutput(outputId = "colorplot", width = "600px", 
                             height = "500px")
                ),
                box(
                  title = "Breed Color Wordcloud",
                  wordcloud2Output(outputId = "wordcloud", width = "600px", 
                                   height = "500px")
                )
              )
      )
    )
  )
)
server <- function(input, output) {
  load("trainnew.RData")
  
  output$breedselect <- renderUI({
    if(input$AnimalType == "All") {
      selectInput(inputId = "SimplifiedBreed",
                  label = "Simplified Breed",
                  choices = "All")
    } else {
      selectInput(inputId = "SimplifiedBreed",
                  label = "Simplified Breed",
                  choices = c("All", 
 unique(trainnew$SimplifiedBreed[trainnew$AnimalType == input$AnimalType])))
    }
  })
  
  output$image <- renderUI({
    if (input$AnimalType == "Dog") {
      tags$img(src="https://purepng.com/public/uploads/large/purepng.com-doganimalsdogboy-981524673092o91pm.png", width = "100%")
    } else if (input$AnimalType == "Cat") {
      tags$img(src="https://www.transparentpng.com/thumb/cat/I06qSD-cat-transparent-image.png", width = "100%")
    } else {
      tags$img(src="https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/0f/53/900f537452fd83ec2f947e01fbd8ae67.png", width = "100%")
    }
  })
  
  data <- reactive({
    if(input$AnimalType == "All") {
      trainnew %>% filter(AnimalType %in% c("Dog", "Cat"))
    } else {
      trainnew %>%
        filter(AnimalType == input$AnimalType, 
               SimplifiedBreed == input$SimplifiedBreed |  
  input$SimplifiedBreed == "All")
    }
  })
  
  #the outcomes plot
  output$barplot <- renderPlot({
    
    ggplot(data(), aes(x = OutcomeType, fill = OutcomeType)) +
      geom_bar() +
      theme_minimal() +
      xlab("Outcome Type") +
      scale_fill_brewer(palette = "Blues", direction = -1) +
      ylab("Animal Count") +
      ggtitle("Outcome distribution")
  })
  
  #the adopted pie chart
  output$piechart <- renderPlot({
    neutered_data <- data() %>%
      filter(OutcomeType == "Adoption") %>%
      group_by(NeuteredYN) %>%
      summarize(count = n())
    
    ggplot(neutered_data, aes(x="", y=count, fill=NeuteredYN)) +
      geom_bar(width = 1, stat = "identity") +
      coord_polar("y", start=0) +
      scale_fill_manual(values = c( "#307fc5","#CE5B65"), 
               breaks = c("yes", "no")) +
      ggtitle("Proportion of neutered/non-neutered adopted animals") +
      labs(fill = "Neutered?") +
      geom_text(aes(label = scales::percent(count/sum(count)), 
                    color = "white"), 
                position = position_stack(vjust = 0.5), fontface = "bold") +
      scale_color_manual(values = "white", guide = FALSE)
  })
  
  output$colorplot <- renderPlot({
    top_colors <- data() %>%
      count(MainColor) %>%
      arrange(desc(n)) %>%
      slice(1:5)
    
    ggplot(top_colors, aes(x = reorder(MainColor, -n), y = n, 
           fill = MainColor)) +
      geom_col(color = "#307fc5") +
      scale_fill_brewer(palette = "Blues") +
      theme_minimal() +
      xlab("Main Color") +
      ylab("Animal Count") +
      ggtitle("Top 5 Main Colors")
    
    
  })
  
  output$wordcloud <- renderWordcloud2({
    
    if(input$AnimalType == "All") {
      df_filter <- filter(data(), AnimalType %in% c("Dog", "Cat"))
    } else {
      df_filter <- filter(data(), AnimalType == input$AnimalType)
    }
    
    # count the frequencies of each color
    color_freq <- df_filter %>%
      count(Color) %>%
      arrange(desc(n))
    
    # create a vector of colors
    blue_tones <- c("#0071c5", "#2196F3", "#5dade2", "#85c1e9", "#aed6f1")
    
    # pass the resulting data frame and vector of colors to wordcloud2
    wordcloud2(color_freq, size = 1.5, color = blue_tones)
    
  })
}

shinyApp(ui, server)

I've tried putting my app into fluid page, didn't change anything, tried tweaking the width and height of the plot output in the ui :(

Related Questions