- I have an internal of a network-load-balancer (NLB) (resolving to private ips)
- An NLB listener on port 80 points to a target group. An instance 10.141.80.140 in the target group is the only one.
When I am on the instance 10.141.80.140 and curl the DNS of NLB I get no response.
I expect the NLB to redirect to 10.141.80.140 but it doesnt happen.
The NLB DNS only doesnt redirect, when I am on the 10.141.80.140 - the redirection works from other instances in the same subnet
- The security group around the EC2 10.141.80.140 is world open, inbound and outbound
- When I curl the NLB DNS from another instance 10.141.80.122 in the same subnet with the same security group and other settings - NLB resolves correctly to 10.141.80.140
- When I curl the NLB DNS from the instance, to which NLB should resolve 10.141.80.140 - NLB DOESNT resolve to 10.141.80.140
- When I curl the instance ip 10.141.80.140 from the instance 10.141.80.140 - I get a response
- When I curl the instance ip 10.141.80.140 from the instance 10.141.80.122 - I get a response
Is there something, what prevents NLB to resolve the request of an instance, which would route back to the instance, within the NLB listeners target group?