I have looked around quite a bit but could not find an answer specific to Github Desktop.
I have two main branches Master and Develop.
When I develop a new feature I do the following:
- Create a feature branch from Develop
- When I am happy with the new feature I switch back to Develop
- Select Merge into Current Branch to update develop
- Delete the feature branch
Sometimes though, I need to do a little fix in Master. The approach that I use is the same, but now I would like to update Develop with the bug fix in Master (if needed).
At the moment I do the following:
- Select the Develop branch
- Then Update from master
- Solve conflicts if any
- Continue my development in Develop
The fact is that there is a different option available in Github Desktop, Merge into current branch.
I have never used it, but I would like to understand if I should.