I am trying to test fulltext search in Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Standard edition. I stored the needed files in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\FTData
FYI the datafiles are stored somewhere else on another disk.
Wrt to the Lexicon/Thesaurus
On the tsenu.xml I tried both with comment out and removing comment The files are encoded UCS2 LE BOM (that was the encoding of the original file. Concerning the thesaurus file I started by writing in notepad, saving in unicode. This is not working and so I moved to the above mentioned encoding).
But after having run:
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'; EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'update_languages'; EXEC sys.sp_fulltext_load_thesaurus_file 1033;
I built a table with the following words:
Q1. select * from dbo.THES_TEST where Contains(Word,'FORMSOF(INFLECTIONAL,"run")');
Q1 returns one line
Q2. select * from dbo.THES_TEST where Contains(Word,'FORMSOF(INFLECTIONAL,"jog")');
Q2 returns ZERO lines
Wrt to the Custom Dictionary
Custom1033.lex contains x-rated.
Nevertheless the query below returns 3 lines:
select 'A' as A,* from sys.dm_fts_parser('x-rated', 1030,0,0);